Being able to wake up and see is nice. Being free from glasses is great, that’s obviously the number one advantage. Another great advantage is not having contact lenses. Some people struggle with contact lenses, so contact lens wear can create dry eye, irritation towards the end of the day so LASIK is nice because you are not having to deal with all of that.
Day one, you are feeling great with LASIK, your vision is good. Afterwards, the doctor sees you for post-op one day, one week, one month, and at Family Eye Physicians we just guide you through it all.
The LASIK procedure is blade-less surgery with no incisions and we do use a laser to perform LASIK eye surgery at Family Eye Physicians.
Family Eye Physicians is constantly in the know on what is available for patients. We have reps coming through all the time introducing their new products to us so we take the time to sit down with them and discuss why is this product better than the ones that we currently have in our clinic? And if we feel that our patients will benefit from it, then we implement it into our clinic.
What are the advantages of LASIK eye surgery?
- LASIK has many benefits, including: It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- LASIK is associated with very little pain because of the numbing drops that are used.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
From: LASIK Eye Surgery WebMD Medical Reference
Family Eye Physicians is one of the premier Chicagoland ophthalmology practices dedicated to offering superior eye care services to protect and improve the vision quality of our patients. We strive to provide this by utilizing the most clinically relevant procedures and state of the art technology.
Whether it is routine eye care or the latest advanced ophthalmic care, you can count on our doctors and support staff to provide you the very best eye care and vision services in a friendly, efficient and professional manner. We offer full comprehensive eye care for you and your family including: cataract surgery, pediatric eye care, glaucoma treatment, diabetic eye care, laser vision correction, eyeglasses, contact lenses and more.
For a limited time, Family Eye Physicians in Oak Lawn is offering a free eye exam, LASIK starting at $500 per eye and 30% off cataract solutions. Contact us Online or call (708) 636-9393 today!