At Family Eye Physicians, we perform blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, and cosmetic injections such as Botox and Juvederm.
- Upper blepharoplasty/ Lower blepharoplasty (trans-conjunctival and trans-cutaneous)
- Ptosis repair (internal and external)
- Brow lifts (endoscopic, temporal, direct)
- Skin resurfacing (chemical peel, laser)
- Scar revisions
- Botox ® / Xeomin ® / Cosmetic Fillers
- Punctal plugs
- Lacrimal stents
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (external and endoscopic)
- Jones’ tube insertion, replacement, reposition
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital, canaliculitis, etc.)
- Ptosis repair: internal, external, frontalis suspension
- Entropion repair upper and lower lids/ Ectropion repair upper and lower lids
- Upper and lower lid retraction repair
- Gold and platinum weights for lagophthalmos
- Floppy eyelid syndrome repair
- Excision of lesions (skin tags to complete lid reconstruction)
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, post-cosmetic, etc.) … skin grafts, skin flaps, tarso-conjunctival flaps, AlloDerm ® graft, etc
- Lateral and medial canthoplasty
- Anophthalmic socket
- Secondary implants
- Contracted socket repair
- Orbital and Lacrimal gland fossa tumors
- Biopsies and excisions
- Reconstruction: (post-trauma, post-tumor, congenital defects, etc.)
- Cataract Removal
- Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid
- Fornix reconstruction with amniotic membrane, AlloDerm®, oral mucosal graft
- Blepharospasm, Hemifacial spasm, Eyelid Apraxia
- Botulinum injections (Botox®, Xeomin®)
- Frontalis suspension
View Full List of Cosmetic Procedures
Eyelid Surgical Treatments
Also known as eyelid surgery or eye lift, cosmetic blepharoplasty involves removal of excess eyelid skin and fatty tissues of both the upper and lower eyelids to provide a younger, more appealing look.. This provides a “rejuvenated” appearance allowing one to look more rested and alert. This procedure can be performed on both upper and lower eyelids.
Patients exhibiting the following physical characteristics or symptoms are often excellent candidates for blepharoplasty: excessive upper eyelid skin; drooping eyelids; fatique from prolonged reading; frequent blinking; need to raise eyebrows and forehead muscles to see and read; loss of some upper portions of the visual field.
EYELID PTOSIS REPAIR
Eyelid droop results when the eyelid is unable to open to its normal height. It occurs when the muscle of the upper eyelid becomes weakened over time and results in a “sleepy” appearance. In ptosis repair, the procedure used to correct drooping eyelids, the eyelids are carefully elevated to increase a patient’s field of vision and improve overall appearance.
Cosmetic Injection Treatments
Botox is a drug prepared from the bacterial toxin botulin, used cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing facial muscles. We’ve all heard of Botox, responsible for generations of smooth foreheads in Hollywood. But Botox has also brought relief to many people who suffer from chronic medical conditions. In 2010, Botox was approved for use with chronic migraine, and many patients are reporting success.
“Cosmetic” or “Dermal” fillers are injectable material to replace the volume lost by the normal aging process or trauma. These fillers are designed to mimic the natural substance that occurs in your connective tissues, cartilage and bones.
Juvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers used to provide 9 months to one year of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth). It is also used for lip augmentation.
Meet Dr. Wassia Khaja Ahmed
Dr. Wassia Khaja Ahmed MD is an oculoplastic surgeon and ophthalmologist who specializes in eyelid surgery. She is an expert in both reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the face and eyelids. Dr. Khaja Ahmed is currently serving patients in the Oak Lawn and Buffalo Grove suburbs. Here is a list of her commonly performed surgeries.
There’s eye care and there’s advanced eye care. See the difference advanced eye care can make. Have your questions answered by Dr. Ahmed.
|68 W Dundee Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089||6201 W. 95TH Street, Oak Lawn, IL. 60453|
|Phone: (847) 541-3334||Phone: (708) 636-9393|
|Fax: (847) 541-8442||Fax: (708) 636-2022|