The RxSight™ Light Adjustable Lens is the first and only intraocular lens (IOL) that can be customized after cataract surgery. The Light Adjustable Lens is made of a special photosensitive material that can be adjusted in response to ultraviolet (UV) light. This optimization is done by your eye doctor in the weeks following lens implantation through a series of non-invasive light treatments that take only a few minutes each. You will have the unique ability to adjust and preview your vision until it meets your personal desires and lifestyle requirements. The Light Adjustable Lens delivers superior vision outcomes that non-adjustable IOLs cannot match.
Light Adjustable Lens Fast Facts
- Patients who received the Light Adjustable Lens followed by adjustments were twice as likely to achieve 20/20 vision at 6 months without glasses as those who received a standard monofocal IOL
- You will have the unique ability to preview and compare possible vision outcomes based on your preferences and lifestyle requirements
- Light treatments that precisely reshape your implanted lens are delivered in your doctor’s office to adjust your vision to the desired target
- Light treatments are painless, non-invasive, and last approximately 90 seconds
- You may need 3 to 5 total light treatments over a period of 3 to 5 weeks to reach your vision goals